Sunday, May 20, 2012

Pixie's Snippet Challenge -21

Di favorite color is pink....mine is yellow.  When I use it, I tend to like it in a monochromatic way.  My buddy Brenda was here today and while she worked on 3 cards (a record for us...normally it's talk a lot and craft a little....Today we were on fire!  I finished the Thank You cards for my daughter's wedding and made this: 
I saw a cupcake box on Paper Planet's blog page, but was having a problem figuring out the dimensions, so after I realized the box was 3x3 inches, I made up my own box using my Allene's Box Maker. An old tool, but one I have always loved.  I like the little cupcake in the bow....

....and, I like the border punched top.  A snippet started this project, but for the base of the box, I had to cut into a full piece...so, it's sort of a snippet...the ribbon is, the plastic opening on the box top and the box top.  It's all BoBunny paper.  The inside of the box is the same paper, however it looks like a totally different color.  I guess I need a photo class....Amy, where are you when I need you?

As I was making the box, I was thinking about my daughter's wedding and the cupcakes she'll be serving....Do I want to 90 more boxes...noooooo, but it is kind of cute.  Maybe I could make two boxes to hold the cupcake they will have on their 1st. Anniversary....now that's doable. 

So tomorrow is Cathy's Birthday.... This one is a total snippet card.  I really like the card stock I used. 
I think Di would approve of the colors....I had to try out my new Memory Box Die....Pretty isn't it.  I took the photo and then I thought....maybe the corners should be rounded....I did that, but forgot to take another photo.  It's in an envelope now....too late!

I guess I should shake my tail feathers and head off to bed.  Tomorrow is another day of play with my gal pals. 

If you have snippets, and I know you do, how about putting a card together and linking your blog to Di's.... And then take a spin on the merry-go-round, or a dip in the duck pond...from what I understand maybe that's not the best place to dip....So, grab your Hula-Hoop and I'll meet you Here 

Have a wonderful week....See you soon,
Glitter Grammy  AKA:  Mary Mac.


8 comments:

  1. Fabulous makes Mary... love the box sooo cute and your card is gorgeous.. love the colours and design... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Mary - two fabulous makes here. The cupcake box is amazing, and I do love the little cupcake on the bow! Of course the cards also ticks all the boxes for me - pink, yay! You do come up with some amazing makes - and thank you for your very kind words Mary.

      Love, Di xx

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous makes Mary, I love the box, it is so pretty and such a clever idea.

    The card is gorgeous, I especially love the pretty framed edge around the sentiment, its a lovely card :)

    Hugs, Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable post...Love the colors of the cute box Sure is a treasure to store things in later too..Very pretty card. Thanks for stopping by last week...I'm glad to be home, but was so fun to be with the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little cupcake box and though not pink it is gorgeous all the same. Stay clear of those skipping ropes in the playground. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cupcake box is gorgeous Mary and I love your snippet card. Never was much good with a hula hoop and it's much too warm today! Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely BRILLIANT . . . . just look at what you can do with less gassing and more crafting! LOL!

    Great use of your snippets.

    Hugs, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cupcake is absolutely gorgeous but I fully understand not wanting to make 90. Your card is gorgeous as well.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!