Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WOYWW 153

Not much going on here today.  I'm hoping to make up for my lazy streak this weekend.  Check out the desks of those who have been working very hard and have lots of creative projects to share.  Here.  Yesterday was card class at PSB....Note, I didn't put a thing away.  I've been admiring my new Memory Box and Die-namics dies that just happened to find away into my must have pile....See my pile is very tiny compared to all the new ones Karen has.....
If you haven't already....check them out before they are all in my stash :-)  I did manage to get creative with the 3-2-1 cake.  I was hungry for a chocolate snack and this is what I made.  3 points for  all of this.  I am loving playing with single serving cakes.  I think my buddy Carolyn can go one farther than me.  She's trying all kinds of flavors.  I'm kind of stuck on chocolate.  Doesn't this look yummy? 
I don't know which I like more, eating the cake or taking photos of it.  Ok....eating will always win.

Lots of interest in my little Stellar Jay Family.  They are getting so big.  It won't be long and they will have all flown away.  The nest is really crowded and the older ones are now flapping their wings and standing on the side of the nest.  Of course this causes much stress for me as I am sure they will be pushed out by the others. 

I thought I'd share what's on my husband's workdesk......He works so hard in the yard and it surely shows....Good Job Richard!
I tried uploading a video of the birdies.....well, for some reason it didn't work.  I'll try again later in the week. 

Have a most wonderful week, be sure to stop by Julia's blog to catch up on what everyone is up to. 

Hugs to all,
Mary
AKA Glitter Grammy


23 comments:

  1. A great post Mary with fab photos! I love the look of your chocolate snack and all those dies - wow!!

    Have a great WOYWW and a lovely week. Karen #49

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary - wow, loads going in in this post! Of course I hopped right to see the birdies, hope you manage a video before they leave but if not then it's been an absolute delight to see them this far. Hugs, Di xx

      Delete
  2. Garden looks beautiful! And haven't the chicks grown!!
    Laura 82

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your work space...my blog is primarily a gardening blog so I love your birdies and the garden shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow the chicks have grown fast. Beautiful garden and yummy cakes! Take care & enjoy snooping this WOYWW. Zo xx 73

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of your space! So open and wonderful! Lots of natural light and so much storage!

    Glenda
    #83

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too bad I'm not in CA any more - I'd find my way to your house so we could play in your craft room!!

    The birdies are getting so big. I'd be worried too, about one being shoved out. They'll be flying off before you know it. And your husband has quite the green thumb. What a beautiful yard!
    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay #127

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous space - I am loving those large windows. The natural light must be great in there. Dani132

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad to check back with you this week on the baby jays! Thank you so much for the picture! Thanks, too, for the astounding picture of Richard's handiwork in the yard. Awesome! Have a great week! Darnell 160

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic post Mary and I'm with you on the Memory Box products, I've been saving my pennies too and I think a trip to my local craft store is in my future! Absolutely beautiful garden, love all the azaleas on show and your little birdie grandkids will soon be ready to fly the nest!

    Hugs
    Brenda 117

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your craft space... fabulous pics of the jay's... and your DH garden is just stunning... Brillant job Richard.. Hugs May x x x#31

    ReplyDelete
  11. the birdies are so cute. your desk is so neat.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed your post! And your cake! Looks yummy! Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  13. the Dies look to die for, have never seen them here. I want to know how your friend can make so many different flavours, she must have lots of bottles of mixes in the cupboard lol. I havent even attempted it, I might eat it all and Iam trying to lose weight lol.
    I will be very sad when those birds leave, do you think another family will nest there and make more eggs?
    Love the better half's work desk, your yard looks so huge, is it?
    Bridget #12

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your garden looks BEAUTIFUL. And the birdies are doing SOOO well!

    Your desk looks nice and full, and pretty organised too. I have some new MB dies too . . . they are gorgeous xxx

    Belated Happy WOYWW wishes.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the windows/light in your work area. I totally have to search for individual cakes. Our small family doesn't need whole cakes. individual servings would be so much better. Your's looks delish. Love your garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, drop me an email and I'll send you the recipe. It isn't mine, it's one I learned in Weight Watchers. It is sooooo good and you can't imagine it is low in fat too. Yummy.

      Delete
  16. hey...yummy hardly covers that baby....

    can you find individual size cake tins somewhere? I even had trouble finding a 6 inch pan... you have to buy whole sets to get the one size.... I'm not doing that.....I already lots of larger sizes...

    Vee
    161

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh the dear little birds....they are so cute. Your husband certainly has been working hard...beauiful garden.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Mary, your garden is beautiful , indeed indeed a big wells done to Richard! I love that you hadn't unpacked since the class,I'm the same. I'm late enough to have seen the fledglings leave...super but sad. And oh boy, I'll take a loaf of banana bred, any day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was stopping by to see your desk, but that little cake...that looked delish...and the spring pictures...sigh...would love to have more of that around here (CO)!

    I love the Memory Box dies, too. They are hard to say, "No." to. :)

    I'm spending my Sunday catching up on WOYWW...Hope you've had a great day!

    Angi
    WOYWW ♥191

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your azaleas are beautiful, your birdies sweet (I read the prior post about the adventures the day they left the nest), the cake looks delicious with all that fruit drizzled with chocolate sauce, and I have to say, I'd be hard pressed to resist that big rack of dies, myself! Happy WOYWW (on Tuesday!) from Laura #186

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for spending time visiting my blog. And thank you even more for your comments. I LOVE reading each and every one of them. Happy creating!